Whether it is the bedroom (maybe shared), a dedicated playroom, or just a corner of the family living space, a kid’s play territory is a wonder-filled thing.
It is here where they will go on daily adventures with their dollies/characters, meet imaginary friends, read amazing stories, and let their creativity and imagination run wild.
Play is Important
I have curated 12 pretty incredible kids playroom ideas to spark the kid in you and inspire a space where the imagination can take flight and host an endless supply of fun.
Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
12 Kids Playroom Ideas For Maximum Fun
1. Starting off with the quintessential dress-up collection and stage.
Can’t you just see a future fashion designer curating her own “collection” and completing her looks with some lipstick she stole from mama? Or the future singer/sing-writer singing her little lungs out on a stage built just for her to her teddy bear and dolly audience?
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
2. The adorable little reading corner is perfect for reading, crafting, and creating with playmates.
I love the whimsy of the shelves blended into the tree on the wall with the cute little owl perched on a branch.
A child loves his play, not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. -Benjamin Spock
3. Teepees are all the rage in today’s kids playrooms.
A wonderful place to get cozy with a book and take your kids minds to faraway places in fairy-tales and all sorts of adventures.
Creative play is like a spring that bubbles up from deep within a child. -Joan Almon
4. This “Treehouse” complete with rock climbing wall and slide is the ultimate in indoor play.
Play is training for the unexpected. -Marc Bekoff
5. Make education fun with this awesome Space themed room, perfect for your little astronaut.
Play is the beginning of knowledge.-George Dorsey
6. All Aboard!!
This suspended playhouse is the perfect time machine for your little pirate searching for hidden treasures.
In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play. -Friedrich Nietzsche
7. The large open space for this room is great for building huge forts or a tickle fights!
Maybe a game of lava?
The possibilities are endless..
The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable. -Carl Jung
8. Your kiddo with spend hours in this cute little nook creating whole new worlds for her dollys and treasures.
Children have always learned and created places for themselves through play. -Donna R. Barnes
9. Lego fans can play master architect on many “levels” in this playroom!
Don’t play what’s there, play what’s not there. Miles Davis
10. The ultimate life-sized dollhouse.
with its grand staircase entrance and slide exit leaves nothing left to be desired.
People tend to forget that play is serious. -David Hockney
11. So much fun to be had in this little village
Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity.” -Kay Redfield Jamison
12. Let the creative juices flow with this huge blackboard wall!
The kids can draw this room into anything they want it to be.
The true object of all human life is play. -G. K. Chesterton
Who’s ready to play?
What’s your favorite kids playroom and why? Have a great idea for a kids playroom that inspires FUN – tell me about it!!!